How Effective is MOUD?
Medication for opioid use disorder (MOUD) is one of many ways someone can begin or continue on their treatment journey. They are evidence-based options and can help:
- Reduce chances of preventable overdose deaths.
- Reduce the risk of infectious disease transmission.
- Reduce the risk of soft tissue infection.
- Reduce the amount and frequency of drug use by suppressing cravings.
So what is a low-threshold MOUD treatment option?
Bienestar follows a low-threshold treatment model aiming to reduce barriers to medication for opioid use disorder (MOUD).
- Participants receive same-day treatment and medication access.
- Treatment goals are individualized and not necessarily abstinence-based.
- Harm reduction approach, medication is delivered without lengthy visits. Participants are offered psychosocial services but are not required.
- MOUD treatment visits are available through telehealth and clinic based.
- Pharmacotherapy is only stopped if it reduces participants’ quality of life.
What type of medication for opioid use disorder does Bienestar offer?
Bienestar offers Buprenorphine products. They are partial opioid agonists that bind to opioid receptors but do not entirely activate them—effectively reducing the effects of physical dependency, like withdrawal symptoms and cravings. They help relieve severe ongoing pain but do not produce euphoria.
We provide free, confidential screenings at the following center location:
EAST LOS ANGELES
5326 E. Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90022
Monday – Friday: 10AM – 7PM
Call (866) 590-6411 Ext. 130 to schedule an appointment today. For more information about MAT services, please contact:
Henry Cervantes (he/el)
MAT Linkage Navigator
(866) 590-6411 ext. 130