Bienestar works with Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA), a short-term assistance program that provides community members with emergency help with rent, mortgage, utilities, and assistance with the first month’s rent, security deposit, and utility connection fees.
How to apply:
- Call Bienestar today.
- Collect the required documents and bring them with you. This includes:
- HIV+ Diagnosis within the last 12 months.
- Rental agreement or mortgage statement.
- Proof of income for the past three months
- Bank statements for the past three months
- Proof of residence.
- Photo ID (CA) Card.
- Additional documents may be required.
- Must be HIV+
- Must be living in or moving to Los Angeles County
- Must have a source of income that does not exceed 80 percent of the area median income in Los Angeles County.
- Must be willing to work with a Housing Specialist to address those issues that threaten your ability to obtain/maintain safe, decent, and affordable housing.
- Additional eligibility criteria may apply depending on the financial assistance request.
For more information and/or to apply, please call us today:
Jose Guerrero (he/el)
(866) 590-6411 ext. 204