LINKAGE TO CARE
If you are living with HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C (Hep C) and want to get treated but do not know what to do, who to talk to, or where to go, our Linkage to Care team is here to help you. Our Linkage to Care program is designed to connect people to the type of medical care that is best for them and help guide them through the process of getting treatment.
Our team helps people in all different situations:
- Those recently diagnosed with HIV/AIDS or Hep C
- Those who used to receive treatment, but stopped receiving care for any reason
- Those who have never received treatment for their condition before
When receiving help from our team, you can expect personalized and supportive care throughout your entire time with us. You will be helped along every step of the way in your journey to treatment. Your Bienestar team member will:
- Help you understand how to easily navigate the medical care system
- Assist you with transportation and go with you to your appointments
- Translate and interpret for you in Spanish
- Set goals with you for your treatment routines
- Connect you to any other services you may need
Our diverse team is trained to work with all types of people. We are especially skilled at working with LGBTQ+ people. If you identify as LGBTQ+, you can be paired with a Bienestar team member who shares your identity to make your treatment journey comfortable and compassionate.
Through our Linkage to Care program, you will become part of a long-term supportive community. For your optimal health and well-being, you will be able to attend follow-up sessions with your Bienestar team member to address any questions or concerns you have about your treatment. Also, you will be able to attend support groups where you can meet other people with similar health and life experiences as you to learn and support one another.
We work closely with many medical providers across Los Angeles County to make sure you can find medical care that is effective and close to where you live. If you live outside of Los Angeles County, our team can connect you to services closest to your area.
For more information, please contact:
Laura Castillo, MPH, CHES (She/Her/Hers)
Manager, Client Navigation and Linkage to Care
(866) 590-6411 ext. 208