Mental health disorders are often some of the most commonly misunderstood conditions in many communities, especially the Latino/a community. When people do not completely understand mental health and disorders, it makes it harder for them to know how to find help if they need it. Mental disorders are very common and many types of treatment are available.
Mental illnesses are serious disorders which affect how you think, how you feel, and how you act. Mental disorders can come from your family health history, having life experiences with trauma, loss of a loved one, a history of substance use or many other factors. Mental health is important at every stage of life from your early childhood to late adulthood.
As a client of Bienestar’s Mental Health Program, you will benefit from:
- Individual, partner or family therapy sessions
- A bilingual mental health therapist or counselor
- 6-12 months of long-term mental health treatment
- Connections to other health and social support services you may need
- Opportunities to join support groups with those who have similar experiences to you
- (Optional) Mental health services focused on helping those living with HIV/AIDS
- (Optional) Mental health services focused on helping transgender individuals
If you or someone you care about needs support with their mental health, we have different types of programs and services that can help. We offer counseling and therapy from an excellently trained staff that are compassionate, knowledgeable and professional.
Our Mental Health programs and services are currently offered at the following center locations:
Please call (866) 590-6411 to schedule an appointment today.