JOIN OUR TEAM
Bienestar is an ever-expanding organization. Our staff of over 55 provides a variety of health education and clinical services in seven locations throughout Los Angeles County. We pride ourselves on making a positive difference in the communities we serve.
We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 403 B Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Other benefits
If you are interested in making a difference and joining the Bienestar team, please review any jobs listed below. Applications are accepted only for current openings.
Please submit your updated resume and cover letter to:
In the subject line of your email, please indicate the name of the position you are interested in applying for.
ABOUT OUR PROCESS
Your resume will be scanned and maintained for a period of 6 months. Your resume will be reviewed to ensure that it meets the minimum qualifications of the job listed in the job description. If it meets the requirements, your resume will be forwarded to the hiring manager for consideration. The hiring manager will contact potential candidates after reviewing all applications. If you are not contacted for an interview, this means other candidates have been selected to be interviewed.
MSW INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Bienestar currently has agreements with local and online universities to provide a rich clinical experience for MSW students. Interns are placed throughout all Bienestar locations. Bienestar has a team of MSW clinicians that guide interns throughout their placement with our organization. An intern is given the opportunity to master the micro and macro aspects of social work throughout their experience with us.
Our interns are exposed to all aspects of the services that Bienestar provides, engaging in work that aligns with the core values of social work practice. In their time with Bienestar, interns can expect the following:
- To provide direct clinical services to individuals, families or couples in need of individual and/or conjoint therapy. Students are asked to complete an assessment, formulate a treatment plan and diagnose clients utilizing the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
- To be exposed to various support groups throughout the agency, including facilitation or co-facilitation of a support group, or bi-monthly educational presentations that will contribute to an improved quality of life for our clients.
- To advocate for the empowerment and strengthening of the Latino community and other underserved groups (e.g., LGBTQ or undocumented folks).
- To attend weekly clinical supervision, which includes discussion of various evidence-based practices used throughout our programs and covers broader topics of mental health, such as: Problem Solving Therapy, CBT, MI, Problem Solving Therapy, 5 Stages of Grief and Loss, The Stages of Change, etc.
For more information about our MSW Internship program, please contact:
Jorge Diaz, MSW, Manager, Behavioral Health Services
(866) 590-6411 ext. 301
UNDERGRADUATE INTERNSHIP POSITIONS
Bienestar has internship positions for undergraduate students attending accredited four-year universities. Our undergraduate internship program provides students with an opportunity to complement their academic coursework with professional experiences related to the non-profit sector.
Interns have the opportunity to assist in various departments, allowing them to learn more about services and areas of their interest. Our interns will participate in activities critical to the day-to-day work of our organization and contribute to the achievement of our mission.
We seek highly motivated and responsible undergraduate students to fill our internship positions. Current enrollment in an accredited four-year university is required. Applicants are also expected to have a strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
For more information, please contact:
Nicholas Turton, Internship Coordinator
(866) 590-6411 ext. 130
We are always willing to accept motivated and enthusiastic volunteers to help with our different programs and services for the community. Volunteer tasks and assignments vary across each of our centers, staff, and programs.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact the Bienestar center location nearest you by calling (866) 590-6411.